Monday, March 9, 2015

3/9/2015: CD14 Ultrasound

I had my mid-cycle ultrasound this morning. My uterine lining is measuring at 10.5mm which is well above the 7mm minimum they were looking for. Though I have had some cramping that I thought could mean an abundance of follicles, I just have one mature follicle measuring at 18mm which is good! As the nurse said, we just need one to make things work. And I was worried about the possibility of having too many follicles and having the cancel the cycle altogether. I brought my Ovidrel along with me to the appointment and I'm so glad I did. The nurse gave me the shot and showed me how to do so in the future. I was really nervous about it, but I think I can handle it for future cycles.

I will go back in for another ultrasound tomorrow morning and if the egg has dropped then the IUI will be at 10am tomorrow! If I have the IUI, I'll be taking a sick day so I can get a prenatal massage and perhaps to a round of acupuncture. I'm willing to do anything to help make this work!

I've decided to test out the trigger which means I'll be taking a pregnancy test every day until it fails to show a positive result. Once that happens, I will not be testing again until I have the beta test done at Dr. K's office. If the IUI is tomorrow I will have a blood test on 3/17 and 3/24. The first test is to check my progesterone levels. The second test is the beta test which will show whether or not I am pregnant.

It's so unbelievable and surreal that we are finally here. It's been a long time coming. I have been praying really hard that the cycle is successful and it's hard to not get my hopes up, but I am making a conscious effort to maintain some semblance of calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment