Wednesday, March 18, 2015

3/18/2015: Second Progesterone Test Results

Today's test showed an even lower level of progesterone, 3.3, than Monday's. Dr. K says my levels are borderline so she started me on progesterone suppositories. She wants to move ahead as normal with the beta pregnancy test on Monday, 3/23 so I guess I'm not out of the running for this cycle.

Funny store: when J went to pick up the samples of progesterone for me I had her ask for information on how to use them and what I could expect. She proceeds to ask if they should be taken with food to which Dr. K says "Well, since they're inserted vaginally I wouldn't recommend it." I laughed so hard. J is embarrassed, but it was an honest misunderstanding since I never told her they were suppositories.


Honestly, I do not have high hopes. I'm actually a bit frustrated. A lot of the symptoms of low progesterone are things I've been trying to tell my PCP, OBGYN, and Dr. K about, but it seems it's easier to blame my weight for everything than to try to find a real solution.

Fingers crossed that these terrible suppositories help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment