Friday, February 27, 2015

2/27/2015: Pharmacy Adventures

Before I left work yesterday, I decided to call the two pharmacies Dr. K's office lists as keeping Letrozole and Ovidrel in stock to confirm their ability to fill the prescriptions. The first location is closer to my workplace but in the exact opposite direction of home. The person I spoke to confirmed that both medications were in stock. The second location is on my way home from work if I were to take a different route home. When I spoke to their pharmacist, he left me know that they had the Letrzole but not the Ovidrel, which he'd be happy to order. I was worried about getting caught up in traffic going the opposite way from home so I decided to go to the second pharmacy. Unfortunately, that didn't work out how I had hoped it would.

When I presented my prescriptions, one of the techs left to confirm they had the medications in stock. I figured no big deal and assumed it was fine since I had likely spoken to someone else. Then it became clear that there was a computer error and they did not, in fact, have either medication in stock. They offered to order them for me, but I let them know I needed to begin the Letrozole that day. I almost thought I'd have to drive the 30+ minutes back to the first location when they told me they would call around for me. You don't see customer service like that everyday! So they called the pharmacies in the area and found one that had the medications for me.

I was trying to remain calm, but I was beginning to panic at the thought of not being able to start the Letrozole as instructed. Another happy surprise was when I was told that both medications would be only $67! I was under the impression that the Ovidrel alone would be roughly $200!! I love surprise savings that's for sure.

I have to take the Letrzole at around the same time everyday until Monday so I held off on taking them until a time I am usually home from work. The pills are so tiny it's hard to believe they'll be enough to work (hopefully!). So far I'm not really feeling any symptoms. Hopefully that isn't just beginner's luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment