Monday, March 16, 2015

3/16/2015: Progesterone Blood Test

I just had my progesterone blood draw at Dr. K's this morning. I have pretty terrible veins so I'm used to being poked more than once, but this morning the nurse was able to get it on the first try! Unfortunately, my vein spit the needle right out. I've never seen that happen before--it was so bizarre. Luckily, she was able to get the amount of blood she needed from the second poke.

They are looking for a level above 4 to confirm ovulation took place last week. If they confirm ovulation, they next look to sustaining the pregnancy that could have taken place. A number over 10 means the levels are strong enough to do sustain the possible pregnancy. If the number is over 4 but under 10, they prescribe progesterone to supplement.

I should find out the results in a couple hours and once I do, I will update the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment