Sunday, October 25, 2015

10/25/15: Baby Registry Part 2

Another Sunday, another day registering for baby gear. We started a second registry at a big-box baby store so that our baby shower guests, many who live out of town, would have more to choose from than the one local option.

I made us an appointment, which I was glad for, but it didn't make too much difference since they were pretty busy. They handed us a scanner and sent us on our way! Thankfully, I thought to ask for their baby registry checklist before we were sent off or we may have been totally lost.

It's hard to register for things like bottles, pacifiers, etc since we don't know what will work for this baby. I was glad that J and I were on the same page about some of the items being overkill and unnecessary.

My back and leg have really been bothering me if I'm on my feet too much (this was an issue last week too) so I had to pop a squat in a display glider. Afterward, I had a little crying meltdown because I was feeling so overwhelmed by the cost of everything and the sheer volume of things we "need." Luckily my wife is amazing and just comforted me.

We were able to push through and finish the registry and we even picked up a few things that we need because they were marked down on clearance! Once we got home, I hopped onto the laptop to finish up our checklist and make sure everything was pretty much set. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment