Wednesday, September 30, 2015

9/30: OB Appointment

Well, we have a stubborn kid on our hands. After the routine urine sample, vitals, and Q&A with the midwife, she got the doppler out so we could hear baby's heartbeat. Of course our child decided to hide out and completely refused to cooperate. Since the midwife could hear some movements I wasn't too nervous, but I was getting a bit anxious for her to find it!

She decided to get the portable ultrasound machine out so we could see Nugget and the heartbeat. So our kid is laying with his feet up and hands near his head, almost as if he's relaxing in a hammock! It was pretty funny. Then at one point he moved an arm and it looked like the motion that accompanies a portion of my alma mater's fight song (which I've been playing for him) so that made me happy.

Before seeing Nugget, we got the genetic testing stuff sorted out. I think the midwife read the report wrong or was trying to correlate issues that don't necessary correlate. Oh well. It's settled now.

I think I've been feeling Nugget here and there. It's just short little flutters so I never know when to expect it. Can't wait for it to happy more frequently!

I have to schedule the anatomy scan and come back in for blood-work since my former OB never sent the records, which is just grand. Makes me more confident in my decision to switch! Our next OB appointment is on 10/28.

No comments:

Post a Comment