Wednesday, September 2, 2015

9/2/2015: Appointment with New OB

I've been so annoyed with Dr. P and her office that I've decided to bite the bullet and switch OBs completely. The last straw was the super-rude receptionist that was indignant about me working and needing an early or late appointment. It's times like this that I really miss Dr. K's office! They were so flexible and helpful. Too bad they can't stay with me through delivery.

Anyways, I found a new OB practice at a better hospital with an actual NICU and I had my first appointment today. I saw one of the midwives and will be seeing whoever is available since the person delivering me will be whoever is on call when I get to the hospital. It's a good way to meet everyone before Nugget makes his/her appearance.

I had another ultrasound today and Nugget looks good. Today's heart-rate was 147 bpm! Even higher than last time.

The midwife was great. She answered a lot of my questions and was very thorough. Unfortunately, she said I am a carrier for Fragile-X, which I was never told about before. I underwent Counsyl testing before starting IUIs and the full report, which I pulled after the appointment, says I tested normal for Fragile-X. I'm not sure if she's reading report correctly because when I downloaded it today I thought I read the same thing but it was actually just a heading---not a part of the results. She referred me to a genetic counselor and wants me to come back after I meet with them.

Needless to say I am stressed about this, but reading the report made me feel better. Hopefully the genetic counselor can sort this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment