Tuesday, June 17, 2014

6/17/2014: Annual Exam with Dr. P

I had my annual gyno exam with Dr. P today. She will also be our OB once we are prego.

My period has been completely out of whack for quite some time, which I'm chalking up to stress. I discussed this with Dr. P and she decided to order some blood-work to see what's going on. She mentioned that the weight I've gained could be an issue, but since these issues started just a few months ago she agrees it's likely due to stress. 

I let her know that we'd like to start trying to get pregnant in the very near future and she supports us completely. The doc and I talked about the doctor J and I are considering, Dr. K, and she had positive experiences with her so that's great. She said she'd be more than happy to refer which is even better! 
Dr. P let me know that my cycles would likely need to be regulated with Clomid regardless of their irregularity now so she gave me her blessing to contact Dr. K's office and she even made sure the blood-work she was ordering was sent there as well. 

According to Dr. P everything looks good so we're just waiting for the results on the blood-work and the pap just be sure. 

Once I got my blood drawn, I hurriedly called Dr. K's office to make an appointment. We are set for our first appointment on July 31st! Though I think this worked out the way it was supposed to, I'm bummed Dr. K's receptionist told me in May that I needed a referral, which is why we've been waiting until the appointment with Dr. P. Oh well. 

Onward! 

No comments:

Post a Comment