Monday, May 25, 2015

5/25/2015: Home Pregnancy Test(s)

Well, I am at 13 days past IUI (dpiui) today. My beta is tomorrow in the morning.

I took a First Response Early Result first thing today with my first morning urine (FMU). There was a faint double line as you may be able to see from the picture below. Needless to say, I freaked out. J was still sleeping so I decided to just keep calm and wait to retest. Unfortunately, I dumped out my cup of FMU before the test had developed.



I held my urine for 4 hours (was hoping for longer, but couldn't make it) and took a First Response Gold Digital test. These tests just say "Yes+" or "No-" and nothing more. Well, mine said "No-" and I felt like I just had been punched in the gut. I'm not sure if my urine was too diluted or if I'm just not pregnant.

Part of me wishes I waited to take the digital with tomorrow morning's FMU, but I'm not sure it would have mattered. A lot of my research online has shown that the digital tests need a much high level of HCG to detect pregnancy than the non-digitals. I'm probably going to take another FRER or digital test, but I haven't really decided since HCG doubles every 30-72 hours. Not enough time will have passed for the line to be any darker.

So...I could be pregnant? Maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment